Sunday, July 25, 2010

Photoblog - day 101, Jul 20, 2010

Inside the 9-volt battery:

Okay, maybe not the 9-volt battery that you would readily notice, and we're not really inside one... but as this technically enlarged picture view (without the help of any zoom lens or zooming in of the image using 'post-shoot' Photo-editing software I might add) of one of said battery's terminals located at it's top.

And yes... we can almost see the insides to the hole of said terminal. So how'd I achieve this enlarged version without a zoom lens? Simply by focusing on my subject... and reversing the lens' view option (meaning quite literally reversing the lens to see a magnified version).

This method was a challenge to me because of 'shakes' - no... not Alzheimer or the sort - just unstable hands. Yet the technique may not lend itself to the use of tripods... so manual it has to be. That said, i still plan to use this style on an insect - when I find one.

No comments: