Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Photoblog - day 108, Jul 27, 2010

Moth Up Close:

I saw this moth in (of all places) the Accenture lounge a.k.a. the Ideas Exchange area - and since I always wanted to have the opportunity to take an insect up close and try capturing some details, well let's just say I was glad I had my trusty DSLR with me at that instance.

Now I took a few shots using the regular manner - then I decided to try, once again, the enlarged style by reversing my camera's lens. Well, what you see is the result - a really up close picture of the moth. Problem is the focus is limited in size and depth... hence the limitations of having some parts of the moth not focused - and not captured at all.

Still, I was partially successful in being able to capture some details that are normally hidden from normal view... for example, I did not realize that the moth's wing looked like feathers. How about that...

No comments: