The image invokes movement... of rushing - and since I took this Monday morning, then it was just natural to refer to it as a Monday rush.
This is a picture I have always wanted to take... ever since I've seen a couple of similar themed pictures, I marveled at how I could come up with a similar frozen moment in time.
You see, the intent was to capture a moving target, and show that it was indeed moving by way of making the background look like it's being rushed. Now the rush look part is easy... a low ISO setting should do the trick - after all, with said low ISO setting, anyone moving becomes a blur, that said, I used my lowest ISO setting (100)... the challenge then, was to focus on one subject - and make the rest of the picture become a blur.
This would mean that my picture capture had to be fast, despite the ISO setting - and really just try to capture one subject - meaning I move my camera to match my subject's movement. The lighting should be abundant, so my camera focus would capture images really fast - naturally, morning had to be the logical time frame (though having said that, I'm now thinking how such a capture could be possible at night) - oh yeah, I used my UV filter for this shot - so as not to make the picture too bright.
The results speak for themselves... this is what I tried - and it's still a work in progress. Now to see how I can improve on this come my next attempt to capture such a shot. After all, should I find myself pacing the Tour of the Philippines racers, I would like to be ready.


No comments:
Post a Comment