I know... it isn't exactly a Stairway, but when I saw this, I thought about taking the picture - after all, how often do we see such support structures outside the building we're in? By adjusting the angle of the shot, I'm able to present a seeming illusion of said steel structure seemingly going further up (and it does go up, since I'm taking this from the fourth floor - and the scaffolding goes all the way to the 6th floor. Thus reminding me of that old Led Zeppelin song "Stairway to Heaven".
Since this was also taken with the sun on the foreground, the scaffolding presented itself more like a silhouette, further adding to the contrast of the shot (or so I'd like to think). The clouds as backdrop - and natural filter to an otherwise overpowering sun's brightness likewise adds to the composition of said shot. Where'd I learn to take such a dramatic angle? Would you believe from a book that I've read so long ago entitled 'How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way'?


No comments:
Post a Comment