These little pieces came from a relatively medium-sized plastic bag - one of two, that Barbie brought home from her Singapore trip. Used to be that she'd always come home from wherever she went having chocolates with her... but Singapore really doesn't have unique chocolates to begin with - at least, not unique in the sense that they aren't accessible here in Manila too. So one day, she just asked a lady manning the souvenir items what was their usual best-seller when it came to visitors buying stuff before traveling back to their point of origin... and the lady pointed her to these little items. Taking her word for it, Barbie got a few bags - and the rest is nougat-loving history.
By nougat-loving, of course, I mean me in particular... I mean, let's face it, my exposure to the stuff was limited to those tiny things in Toblerones (told you we normally had chocolates as 'pasalubong' (small treats or souvenirs given by a person coming from a trip to their loved-ones and friends), and so I just enjoyed them when they accumulated from m allowing the chocolate portion to first melt in my mouth - leaving the nougat portions to be chewed.
Well these GB (I know not what GB stands for) Nougats are now a new fave of mine, and I kid not when I say I can finish these things (both packages) in one sitting if I wanted to - luckily for me, I have some EQ... he he he. They are, after all, flavored nougats - so each tiny bar (for lack of a better description) offers a different chewy experience. My favorites among the bunch? The Green Tea and the mint flavored ones... oh yeah, they also come in two types - the chewy ones and the hard candy types. I'm impartial to both (meaning I enjoy them regardless of chewiness).
Alas, good things don't last - or in this case, eventually get consumed... so here's to my next batch... hopefully in the very near future. I wonder if they're available here somewhere - and if not, why the


No comments:
Post a Comment