One of the more recent magazines I decided to purchase is that of a photography related issue - and the main topic for most articles in said magazine was how photographers use lighting to bring out different effects with their pictures. That may be a natural growth direction for me... meaning making use of lighting to a wider degree - and what better time to start than now.
A colleague once said that I somehow had an eye to make the mundane seem interesting - now, not to make that statement a mantra or anything, but here is a rather mundane part of the office I go to - a makeshift reading/eating/meeting area - and it really has just shades of black, white and grays to make matters more... well, mundane - but suddenly contrast that will a very simple fire extinguisher, and we have a reminder that this is not a black and white picture. Add to the fact that the window where the sunlight filters into casts a shadow on most of the items here, and I'm left with a play with shades and shadows.
Yeah... it's pretty obvious I came in real early to work too - but that was just a side-benefit of having Barbie in a different country, thus not having to bring her to work - but at the same time... my being a creature of habit, and still waking up real early and getting ready for work at such an early hour - even if I did not have to. Ah well... at least I get good parking.


No comments:
Post a Comment