Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Photoblog - day 106, Jul 25, 2010

New Readings:

As the title suggests, these are the two new reading materials I always carry with me wherever I go, and should my schedule allow for it, I can definitely read up on a few chapters in the book - or a few articles in the magazine.

The 'Book of Fate' is a work by Brad Meltzer - an author I came to know by way of his controversial story in a D.C. comics title 'Identity Crisis'. Plus the fact that I had read a few remarks about the book by a few comics personalities - so naturally, I got curious. I'm a few chapters in and I can say that the plot is intriguing enough that I might even look for Brad's other books after this. Though I'm not in much of a hurry, seeing as I do have a lot of books on the waiting list (meaning ones that I own and are just waiting to be read by me).

On the other hand, the magazine Digital Photography by Mag is a compilation of tips in how to do many types of photographs - name it, they seem to have it. Some I've already done and as I read the article, I realized that I was correct in doing the technique, hence I could really say that I'd been there and done that. More importantly though are the tips for some other pictures I plan on taking as well - these will certainly save me time and effort by approaching those photo projects more prepared.

The magazine's tips are more than worth double the cover price - and I recommend it to all budding photographers.

No comments: