Sunday, July 18, 2010

Photoblog - day 99; Jul 18, 2010

My new comics:

As I said before, I collect comics on a semi-regular time frame... and though they come out weekly, I find myself making the trip to comic shops on a 'twice a month' pace - not surprising, these things tend to accumulate... but at least I get copies when I arrive... guess that happens to be the fringe benefit of having your regular shops recognizing you as their loyal patron... or at least, a regular customer.

Anyway, this particular batch was slightly different... and the keen-eyed individual can easily see why. Aside from my regular pull list, I decided to - with the help of my favorite bookstore having their mid-year sale, get two compilations... the first is the Avengers-Defenders Clash (circa '70s) and the second is the Thrawn Trilogy of Timothy Zahn - a great set of Star Wars novels turned into comics. Those two will give me long hours of reading enjoyment... that is, soon as I go through my other comicbooks. I think I'll make a review of these graphic compilations, once I've read them... and oh yeah, Brandon - never let it be said that I don't listen to requests... your brothers wanted Star Wars... well, the Thrawn Saga is one of the best.

No comments: