Monday, July 12, 2010

Photoblog - day 92, Jul 11, 2010

Nature's beauty:

Once in a while, as I pass Greenhills' small garden, I can't help but marvel at some of the flowers I see... I mean, I bring my camera just to capture such beautiful natural wonders - after all, these things remind me of how great an architect God is in helping develop all these - though, some can be fleeting.

Take this orchid for example; in a few days flowers like these may wither... their beauty relegated to memory. But if captured in a picture, the beauty - though artificial, is preserved. My only regret in capturing it? This was done at a spur of the moment - my making the shot without taking the time to adjust all the necessary items. Apparently, I got the focus right on the petals - but for some strange reason, the middle was not focused on too much. What gives? I thought I had adjusted my focus depth?

The things is... moments like these are rare indeed - and I may, or may not get a second chance in taking the same kind of shot. Oh well... lesson learned. Quick takes may come out good - others... acceptable. I guess, this one falls in the latter category - but it's not a winner... at least, by your typical Nat Geo standards.

No comments: