Piano player:I always wanted to get a picture of a piano - possibly with a player. WHy you may ask? I just liked the symmetry and lines (specially inside the piano) that one can play around with as far a taking pictures are concerned.
That said, when Barbie and I went to Rockwell's mall, I knew there was a piano there, and it was being played regularly - so I considered the possibility and hoped I could get a decent shot in.
Well this one was taken (obviously) from above - the floor above the piano to be exact, and what was a simple shot (just set, point, shoot and hope there was no need for 'second-try's) and I just considered myself lucky to have the shot. I was even not too happy with the angle so I decided to take another shot - this time form the piano's side (an equally good picture too), so what made me decide to go with this shot for my photoblog?
Simple... yet I guess, minimalist in such a way that it's not so obvious - but it can be a focal counterpoint to the seeming stillness fo the picture. I refer to the right hand being a bit blurry (signifying movement) which is equally matched by a cropped figures walking past the piano player. Guess this is a sample of a picture looking better the second time around, huh?


1 comment:
Doing great there!
Suggestion. Try taking this shot again when you pass by there. But this time, take a wider angle. Show full body (instead of cropped) images of people hurrying by the piano player. Not noticing him. Kinda like taking his music for granted. Position the piano to one side of the frame instead of smack in the middle when you try that shot. :)
Post a Comment