Saturday, May 01, 2010

Photoblog - day 21, May 1, 2010

Labor of love:

Any aquarist can tell you that maintaining an aquarium - specially, one with live plants, isn't that easy - some people seem to thrive in it... while others suffer from not having any green thumb at all... then there's the subject of not just keeping the plants alive - but the fishes as well. While I've had success with the fishes - I still need to tweak my set-up to mke the plants thrive.

To cut it short, let me just say that aquariums need the attention - and it's not just about feeding the fishies, as well. That said, here's a picture of one of my two aquariums - it's got new plants and new light (the older light tipped into the aquarium and shorted out... luckily, not taking all the fishes with it, in that final act).

My fishes, of course , are happier for this - but I still need to fix up the set-up - add some carbon dioxide - to sustain the plants. Since it is the first of May... labor day to us... I say that this picture comes across as appropriate... since the aquarium is a labor of love from my part.

BTW - this is just a plain focus... no special setting... and I'm not 100% happy with the clarity of the fishes. I've done it before - and will continue to try again, until I get things right.

No comments: