Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Photoblog - day 46, May 26 2010

Proudly Philippine made...

Miguel Syjuco is new to me - I've never had the chance to read any of his previous works (assuming of course that he had such things - like I said, I don't know).

I did learn a bit about his book 'Ilustrado' in a book review cum magazine article - and the fact that the book won the Man Asian Literary prize while still a manuscript? Whoa (doing my best Keanu rendition), that's got to be something... right?

So naturally, on my usual visits to the bookstore, I spied upon a copy of Ilustrado, looked at the price tag... not too bad - and got myself a copy. S I was in the middle of some deep reading, I had no time to discover what Ilustrado had in store for me... until now.

So yes, I've started reading Ilustrado, and am finding Syjuco's work to be interesting. I've yet to see where this is going, but at least it isn't as deep a read as the previous book I was reading. Will I be fan? Still too early to determine - yet I will admit to the writer's ability to describe things, and some of his words are not your typical 'average' vocabulary reader's cup of tea - lucky for me, I still do not find the need to grab a dictionary or do a Google search.

Once I'm done, I just might post a review for this... though in another blog site.

No comments: