Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Photoblog - day 23, May 3, 2010

All that glitters...

As I was walking in the mall, I came upon the Swarovski store - more specifically, it's display window.

Normally, I would just admire the crystals handiwork from afar, but this was a different afternoon - after all, I had my trusty DSLR with me, so I thought 'why not?', it's not like I would be planning to steal anything - and I'll just take a picture (or two) - what harm would that do?

Besides, I had previously experimented with lights and shadows - well... more shadows actually, and now... my focus would be on light as reflected by crystals and their shapes. As you can see, I took a picture of two items - a bull and a lion. The lion is very visible due to all the lights reflecting in all the angles found in it's mane. The bull looks more straight forward - but regardless of which animal figurine you look at... they both exhibit exquisite craftsmanship... hence, I felt, well deserving of being included in my photo collection.

No comments: