Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Photoblog - day 36, May 16, 2010

Bonsai exhibit at the Podium:

This was something I discovered by accident. We did not really have any plans for visiting the Podium this particular day - and it's rare that we dedicate a Sunday to visit this place... usually staying in Greenhills.

This particular day, however, we did find a reason to go to the Podium, as we came up to the 2nd level, we saw all these great-looking bonsai plants on exhibit. Naturally, since I brought my camera with me, I found myself taking pictures of all these plants... or should I refer to them as works of art? I used to have a colleague who knew all about making bonsai - and how the process seemed to dwarf the natural growth of the plant... and the way he described it, you'd think that dwarfing a plant (or tree) was obviously far from natural.

Anyway, as I looked to these plants, I could not help but notice the exquisite art form of these entries - imagining all the necessary planning and imaging that came into the creation of these plants. I can't imagine myself spending time doing all these - and because of that, I'm simply at awe with these plants. I'll most likely post the other pictures in a special blog post specific for sharing my experience with these plants.

For anyone interested, the exhibit will be running until end of May. There are also talks/workshops for people interested in learning just how to make their very own bonsai - with tips and even some materials coming from the experts themselves. Sorry if I can't give more details - I was there to take pictures, after all... not write down pertinent factoids.

No comments: