Monday, May 10, 2010

Photoblog - day 29, May 9, 2010

Small pepper:

You read my title right... this is a small pepper - roughly just the size of an inch long - and it's one of many currently growing in my in-laws' garden.

What's so special about this picture? Well for starters, my camera's lens does not have the capacity to take a picture of this pepper real up close - and though I could probably take this picture and then do the combination of crop and enlarge the picture using after shots' photo-editing software - I'm proud to say that this picture is natural... with minor exception to slightly tweaking the contrast. So how'd I do this? Using an unorthodox manner, actually.

Said unorthodox manner entails reversing the lens - post-focus - then really moving in to take the picture with much more details being captured. How'd I learn this? My sister-in-law showed me the technique (thanks Bea!), and suddenly... I need not have a really powerful lens to take these pictures.

No comments: