Fridays always means I need to come in for work real early (before 7am) and leave the place by 7pm - all this because I have to follow a number coding scheme to help reduce traffic. Unfortunately, if your Friday evening happens to be rained on - since the afternoon, and said weekend's start also happens to fall close to your typical pay day - then expect to get stuck in traffic.
Simply put, this was what I (and many frustrated motorists) experienced - and even as I tried to wiggle my way through the jam, I realized that one of things I tried doing - but unsuccessfully capturing with my camera is 'rain' - for smoe reason, I found it difficult to capture rain... though I do believe I'm not the only one, s I've read somewhere that many movie makers / directors likewise find it hard to capture rain. The best I could probably do was to show the wet surroundings - but it just looked wet... no sign of rain.
So, I decided to grap my camera (when I was in a stop position - of course) and take pictures of my surroundings to later see if I could capture rain - if not the droplets, then maybe the surroundings which might show the rain's effects. This particular shot happened in an unplanned manner - I was stopped by the traffic cop , since the way ahead was already congested, and since it was an intersection - I could see the effects of the rain really well... so I took the shot.
The effect was what I wanted - the cop directing traffic while wearing a wet raincoat (though he may have been better off wearing a one with reflectors) indicates the rain, and if that did not sink in - the ground showing the rain droplets striking pavement will let the observer realize that it is raining. Lastly, if one were to look closely, there are a few (well... at least one) blurs streaking downward - that's the rain. So until I can get one better, I'm satisfied with having captured rain in a snapshot... and hey, I did not mind the traffic so much after this, as I was pleased with my opportunity to take the shot.


No comments:
Post a Comment