Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Photoblog - day 37, May 17, 2010

Silent Witness to Many Generations:

I found myself having to fetch Bryce at the North Forbes clubhouse after my work. Being a high class and exclusive place, it was not the usual place I would find myself in - not that I never went to Forbes - I have, but rarely... and normally during Christmas reunions with friends.

But even then, I hardly give the clubhouse a second glimpse... let alone the tall trees surrounding them. So I can just imagine how old some of these trees are - how long they've been silent witnesses to generations of people coming in and out of the clubhouse.

As I took the picture, I wanted to show the trunk, which as can be seen, is likewise intertwined with vines that long ago grew into permanent fixtures of said trunks. If trees could talk... what wisdom would these branches share?

No comments: