Friday, May 21, 2010

Photoblog - day 40, May 20, 2010

Starbucks in the Techno Hub:

A Starbucks is a Starbucks... and any store for said franchise is as good as any other. Right? True... though others would be quick to point out that some branches are not designed equally... and I would equally state that there are other places that are more welcoming of it's clientele by the way the place is designed.

Others are easily designed real well, but their ambiance is left wanting based on certain criteria - in my case, the ambiance of the store is better for me if it's a place I can hang around in with little or no noise pollution. Thus if there are too many rowdy or noisy people around, then it's a turn off to me.

On the other hand, few stores, like the one I've posted, cn boast of having a very picturesque surrounding - showing a lot of space, greens almost matching a golf course, a long and winding jogging path - complete with lights for evening runs, a man-made creek and simple yet elegant architecture all contributing to what is the basic look of the Ayala Techno Hub. Even in the afternoon heat, I could appreciate the landscape... and in a city so inundated with concrete... this view becomes a very welcome change. Now if only the Techno Hub were just closer to my usual hang outs.

No comments: