Sunday, August 22, 2010

Brief interruptions

Murphy struck... as in Murphy's law - and not a person I know in particular.

Yup... for some reason (of which I suspect, but have no proof of... well, maybe one or two that are circumstantial in nature, so I shall just keep it to myself) my laptop crashed last Saturday - and this is no simple (comparatively speaking, that is) blue screen software error. Nope, looks like my laptop's hard disk has given up (sigh).

Naturally, I had most of my password-cookie-ready websites in said laptop, and had to struggle trying to remember said passwords so I could access them in another computer like I'm doing now.

It also meant, that slow process as it was to update my photoblog - things just got a lot longer with preparing and 'publishing' my pictures on said blog. Same with updating my Facebook pictures.

Ah well... such is life. I'm still contemplating on whether I should just get a new laptop - an idea I've been toying with these past few months, but one I've not put serious stock into, since I always thought of it as a 'like' rather than a necessity - until said laptop crash. Anyway... the photoblog must go on of course. It will just be less real-time (as if it ever was, to begin with - he he he). I just wanted to document said fact about my laptop's crash. Maybe I'll still try to revive it - even if I do get a new one.

No comments: