Saturday, August 28, 2010

Photoblog - Day 136 Aug 24, 2010

New Book I'm Reading!

As can be seen by the cover's title, it's not really a new book - specially with Matthew Reilly fans who would know that this is at least two books older than his latest piece. But as far as I'm concerned, I never knew Reilly prior to this book - in fact I just took a chance with this, not knowing anyone who's read it, nor did I research on the author.

You see, I decided to get this book - and it's sequel on a book sale; thinking that if I was disappointed, well... it wouldn't be too painful an experiment - cost wise. Besides, I've been known to read books... even if I don't really like them, so no real loss would happen.

So as I began to read this particular story, I got drawn into adventure - Indiana Jones style... except that this was happening in the modern world and the protagonist had a team. The pacing was fast, the challenges intriguing - I could see that Reilly took pains to set the 'traps' in a realistic manner (or is this based on fact?) and executed the story in a fast-paced manner very reminiscent of Inidana Jones and Die Hard put together. In short, I like it! In fact, I like it so much that I may just finish this book within a few days... so I can get to the next one (and possibly buy the latest novel of Reilly too).

No comments: