Saturday, August 28, 2010

Photoblog - Day 139 Aug 27, 2010

Droplet:

What's so good about a rainy day? I mean, it normally means you struggle a bit more when waking up... driving becomes a challenge due to heavier traffic... and if you're really unlucky, you'll end up with soggy shoes. Lucky for me, these all did not happen - okay, maybe the getting up part did... a little; but I got to my destination without too much of a hassle - and the rain did happen a whole lot earlier, with just a few scattered rain showers here and there - but not too bad that it affected early morning traffic.

But to get back to the original question? Well for starters - if you happen to be a photo bug... it offers you opportunities to take shots with vivid colors - I mean, with most items wet - they offer brighter colors (maybe because they also get cleaned of their dust from said rain), pollution gets washed out - offering brighter backdrops... and let's not forget... the droplets, as my picture shows.

I always wanted to take a shot like this... and now I got my chance. I took several shots of wet leaves or branches - but I was looking for that hanging droplet... and as you can see - I did find one, so I definitely tried capturing it up close. The result is a macro shot... with focus on the droplet itself.

No comments: