Monday, August 23, 2010

Photoblog - Day 131 Aug 19, 2010

Rainbow:

Scientifically, I know that rainbows are caused by light particles passing through some moisture in the air... reflecting multi-colors forming an arch in the sky. Then again, there are the stories - the urban legend of said rainbows... how they are tied to Leprechauns - and how a rainbow's end holds a crock of gold.

Personally I'd like to think that a rainbow is a phenomena that can be interpreted as a sign that hope is not far. Makes you wonder where this idea or belief comes from... well for starters - the bible. After the great deluge, God sends a sign of hope and renewal to Noah and company - and what is the sign? A rainbow. I'm sure there are other sources - but the bottom line is, to me... rational or not, a rainbow represents hope. So sue me for being naive or irrational in that sense.

For some reason, the human eye can better fathom - and appreciate rainbows better than cameras. Because of this, capturing a barely-visible rainbow, becomes much harder without having to up the picture's contrast - which I did. If there's a better way of capturing them... I'm all ears people.

No comments: