Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Photoblog - day 120 Aug 8, 2010

Brent Baptized!

This is Father Armin, the parish priest of Mary the Queen, as he baptizes Jude Brent within the church's beautiful baptism room. To quote Father Armin, "Modesty aside... this is one of the most beautiful baptismal rooms and fountains in the Philippines".

Now, I may not prove this as fact - but I do have to say that the place is indeed a beauty; which is why I've had both Bryce and Bernice baptized in this very same place - of course, back then... we had Father Reuter do the honors. And now, it's Jude's turn to experience this ritual here.

Witness to the occasion were Jude's ninongs and ninangs - in fact, you can see Bea, the proud mom of Jude, and Benedict... acting as Jude's major ninong, helping Father Armin by offering Jude by the fountain. One humorous situation was the fact that Jude - ever curious, was trying to grab the fountain's water - hence the assistant holding on to Jude's free hand. This definitely endeared him to Father Armin... as he always talked to Jude while the ceremony was under way.

No comments: