Monday, August 23, 2010

Photoblog - Day 134 Aug 22, 2010

Fiesta:

Sunday was the feast day of Mary the Queen - naturally, the parish wanted to celebrate it a bit by organizing a fiesta. Now... It may not be as widespread or large scaled as your typical provincial fiesta - but it at least captured some of the experience. Giving food away to whoever passed by and helped partake of the celebration.

I decided to check things out - and I have to be honest, as I arrived... I thought the fiesta was now happening - I mean, where was the crowd? the food? It looked like a flop, and here I was - camera in tow, hoping to see some fiesta action. So you could imagine how I felt as thought I'd go home with nary a picture.

Turns out, the fiesta celebration happened between mass. As each mass ended, the people would go directly to the fiesta grounds and partake of the food and drinks. Suddenly, the grounds did not look as empty - and I got to take some pictures after all.

No comments: