Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Photoblog - day 122 Aug 10, 2010

Achieving Balance:

These cans are real... meaning they're not props... nor are they empty. They are not glued together, nor did I use blue tac - instead, they are just well balanced on top of each other. Is it a precarious balance? You bet... and you could even try to take these cans apart and realize that to do this balancing act.

So why'd I do this? Simple... I was slightly bored - and needed a distraction. Then I remembered how, during college, I saw three coke bottles precariously balanced. I just borrowed from that 'glass sculpture' ad tried to see if I could make such a balancing act work.

It did. As the picture shows.

Of course, I just made the cans stay together long enough to take a picture... and declare this my official activity for the day. I then just dismantled the cans from each other.

No comments: