Saturday, January 01, 2011

Photoblog - Day 262 Dec 27, 2010

High School BFFs:

Today happened to be Barbie's reunion with some friends she has not met since... well, since high school, if the story is to be believed. I mean, think of it... these are people I've never seen (except for Jay, of course - 2nd from right and not jumping) when I met and courted her. Yet these people had shared a great part of their teen formative lives together. Amazing that after so long a time, they find the opportunity to get together. Thanks in part of rediscovering each other in Facebook.

So when Barbie mentioned this... I could not, in all conscience, say no to her wanting me to drive her to their meeting place - which to me was a chance to do some exploring myself. After all, I did not mind going to Mall of Asia to hang around while they got reacquainted. I got a few comics to read and for the rest of the time... well, I could always explore.

Still, as plans go... this one did not go exactly as planned - so four of them (with me in tow) had to meet Jay in Las PiƱas - a place easier for her to go to, given her not too strong constitution. They stayed in Starbucks' 2nd floor - while I made myself scarce, but reachable in staying at the coffee place's ground floor.

I took this fun shot at their request - before they finally called it a day. As Barbie said... seeing your wife happy meeting friends she has not seen in decades - 'priceless'.

No comments: