Saturday, January 01, 2011

Photoblog - Day 264 Dec 29, 2010

Cuenca Christmas visit:

This item was long overdue - our visits to Cuenca are planned trips... it's just too far to do on a whim, as it involves preparation of what to bring - and the assumption (though it has not always held, of course) is that we would be going as a family. After all, we may see Bing once in a while, when she travels to Manila, and the same can be said for Tizza - though I guess, in rarer terms. But to see my mom, we have to go there. She isn't well enough to handle long trips to Manila and back to Cuenca... and even if we could come up with a car to allow her to travel, she gets tired and I guess, Manila travel and air isn't too good for her these days (fatigue plus pollution).

We normally schedule our Christmas trips earlier, but this year, things were just too hectic for me - so we decided to hit two birds with one stone, seeing as we were going a bit late anyway - and come on Migs birthday as well... I believe, this is a first for us... normally going for the Christmas celebration and well, just telling Migs his advanced birthday greeting.

It may even be better... who knows - I'll see how busy I get same time in 2011. But I don't mind traveling on the 29th... though I would prefer more time to plan things out better... not that this was a disaster (as the picture is proof) - just that it leaves little time for cleaning up for the new years, is all. But still... this trip was purely Kairos time - which is how trips like this should be.

Just what are they laughing at? Who cares, really... the fact is - and the important matter IS that they are laughing. Rare as our visits are, it's situations like this that make the planning and travel time worthwhile.

No comments: