Sunday, January 16, 2011

Photoblog - Day 282 Jan 16, 2011

Feast of the Sto. Niño:

First of all, yes... this is a picture of the holy family and not the Sto. Niño (or Christ child), but since I've no picture of a Sto. Niño I could get a hold of for today's shot, I had to just replace one with the other - besides, this too shows a child (though more babe than child at this point - but who's counting? and yes... we don't have a Sto. Niño at home).

The image I took a picture of is actually two-toned... silver and gold, but for this picture, I wanted to experiment with just a monotone - so it looks all silver, due to it's shiny nature... but the picture is supposed to be just black and white.

I also experimented with angles - the first one was from below... and it was an okay picture, but when I tried this other angle. with it's more leveled between the child and parents, I seemed to have a more loving look on the parents and a semi-smiling look form the child Jesus. It may be just my imagination... or play with lighting; either -or, I decided this to be the better angle to use.

The item in the picture happens to be a gift from my mother-in-law to me this past Christmas - guess she saw how I admired their statue... and she decided to gift me with one. I appreciate it, and have decided to put it in a prominent place within the living area.

So here's to the feast of the Santo Niño, which we celebrate every 3rd Sunday of January... and here's to the innocence of children - their easily trusting; quick to forgiving; playful and unpretentious nature. Lord knows we must never lose those traits if we are to thrive as a global race.

No comments: