Saturday, January 01, 2011

Photoblog - Day 265 Dec 30, 2010

Auld Lang Syne:

Way back when... in Boy Scouting days to be exact, was when I first got to learn about this song. One that was sang as people in the Jamboree we were attending were parting ways. Back then it did not really sink in - probably because as the first stanza would say 'Should old acquaintance be forgot...' was simply alien to me.

Now I have to admit, I have had some forgotten old acquaintances - some because we were just too busy to keep tabs with, as life (more likely, work) pulled us apart. Well, this picture is of my old I/ACT colleagues - who have made it a point to still keep abreast with each other, and every year-end, they get together for one last hurrah. I used to join them - but as I said, we got too busy, lost touch and contact for such a get together.

I realized this fact upon seeing facebook pics of these reunions - and realized what I missed. Well this year, thanks to FB, I made it a point to be part of said reunion - and keep tabs. I just wanted to make sure that I let 'Auld Lang Syne' be a song... and not a reality.

No comments: