Training Pigeons...The Piazza, in it's over-all vision of wanting to replicate the look and feel of it's original counterpart, has had some pigeons (I counted at least two dozen) roam the surroundings and hopefully - eventually, copy their Italian counterpart by not fearing... if not totally welcoming the fact that people are there giving them food.
Yeah... when I've seen pictures of the real deal, I thought to myself that I wanted to experience that. And when I saw the replica being built in McKinley Hill, one of the first things that came into my mind was pigeons (aside from cafes and eateries), and I thought... well, if they wanted to really simulate the place, they'd consider pigeons.
Well a week (or two ago) I started seeing these pigeons - albeit still little in population and not seemingly friendly... until today, that is. I was surprised to see someone calling them and feeding them - and them (the pigeons, that is) enthusiastically responding. It therefore dawned on me that the Piazza experience was now a lot closer than I thought it would ever be. How about that?
Now (and this is the pessimist side of me thinking) if only these pigeons do not become over complacent and approach everyone outside the Piazza (and get stolen); and assuming no one scares these pigeons silly (as kids would do accidentally, and some adults thinking like kids would do intentionally) and get stressed, thus preventing them from breeding and multiplying, maybe... just maybe the thought of replicating the Piazza pigeons experience in McKinley will definitely be a reality.
I'll definitely look forward to that.


No comments:
Post a Comment