Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Photoblog - Day 271 Jan 5, 2011

I/ACT pioneers:

Would you believe that there's a real good chance I happen to be the youngest person in the group? I said chance because I was too polite to ask - but one thing is a fact. Everyone - and I mean every single face in this picture with me - was in I/ACT before I joined.

For those not in the know, I/ACT was the premiere computer institute of the 70's - and at it's peak, had branches in other ASEAN countries... and these people were the ones responsible for all this. It was in I/ACT that I started learning my I.T. skills in programming and systems analysis... hence the start of my journey in eventually becoming a facilitator, corporate trainer, coach and consultant.

Imagine that... this particular evening, I was technically representing the 3rd generation of I/ACT. I think others might have come after I left... too bad I wasn't able to rub elbows with them again.

This gathering, is, in fact... an I/ACT pioneers reunion... and I happen to be there as well by simple luck... through Benj Santillan (the guy in front of me) - and if I'm to consider the story right, all these were made possible because of Ime Ponteres. All these people knew Ime... many visited her wake... and were reunited. They kept in email contact - and organized this reunion.

It was nice to meet some people - people whose names were constant mentions to me in my I/ACT days... and I would have stayed longer had I been able to better plan my joining this group's reunion. I also wished I knew more people here... but that's okay, there'll be more opportunities for that.

No comments: