Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Photoblog - Day 284 Jan 18, 2011

Innovator extraordinaire:

This is the book I'm reading right now - a follow up from another, somewhat similar book by the same author. Whereas the first one was more on presentation secrets - this one is more on... well, innovation (as the title points out).

I'm just a few chapters in - but sicne I found the first book of Gallo easy reading, I decided to get this as well before Christmas - though it is only now that I'm able to read it.

It may also prove coincidental that the tech news in CNN's website has covered an announcement by Steve Jobs himself, that he shall be taking a medical leave. Like it or not, Steve isn't getting any younger (and apparently, has been having some health issues as well).

Not wanting to sound morbid here, but I hope this book does not talk about someone in a posthumous manner any time soon. And I'm sure that I am joined by many Apple fans in wishing Steve a quick and full recovery - so he can continue bedazzling his audiences and supporters with new, revolutionary ideas and products. After all, the man has led a very extraordinary life... but I don't think his swan song should be composed yet.

Meanwhile, I would like to think that I am learning enough with (and from) this book as well as it's predecessor - to be a better leader. Carmine Gallo's Innovative Secrets... and his Presentation Secrets (of Steve Jobs) are good reading... and I plan to make a more formal review of the first book to be posted in my other blog.

No comments: