Whereas last Saturday's focus was on bandages, this particular day was more for CPR (and the Heimlich Maneuver) geared towards making sure someone's air passage was not blocked or his (or her) circulation was not stopped.
This was more intense - yet more fun as well. You could see that most people were really curious about learning CPR - after all, we knew of it's importance and potential life-saving benefits.
This time, Barbie was able to join us for the CPR lessons and I saw how earnestly she learned how to do it. Bernice and Bryce were likewise serious about it - in fact Bryce was the third highest in class, as far as scores were (meaning less mistakes made in applying CPR). What exactly do I mean by my last statement? Simple... we all went through a practical exam after the lessons were taught.
Red Cross Makati had several dummies to practice with - some adult-sized, others (like the one in the picture) kid-sized, and one baby-sized. Bryce can be seen giving a one-hand CPR to his dummy; which is the recommended option for children, as a trained Red Cross instructor observes and grades him.
Even if this took up a major portion of our Saturday, it was still enjoyable and worth the training time invested. Now, should the need arise, I'm more confident of my capabilities to help others - as I'm sure are my kids and Barbie. We'll have to get our recertification same time next year, so I'll be looking forward to doing this all over again. I'm also seriously considering enrolling my kids with more trainings, specially during summer.


No comments:
Post a Comment