Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Photoblog - Day 269 Jan 3, 2011

Need a break?

Break from what exactly? From the holiday rush... from the holiday food... from anything holiday-related? Yeah, there are times I felt like that.

Let's face it, this particular Christmas seemed to have come and gone by so fast, I hardly felt I had time to enjoy it. Oh there were a few days - maybe just one actually, when I would be bale to sit back, relax and enjoy the season - but majority of the time, I felt like being rushed here and there.

Well this particular day was a pre-planned rest day... just stay home... period. If any prep time was focused on, it was to ensure that the 4th (being the official first day of work), would start without a hitch.

As for my picture? It's my way of spreading the news about the new Goya Chunky... it's actually good - with that unique Filipino chocolatey taste as only Goya creates (some of you may vaguely recall the taste - but when you bite into this, you'll be reminded again), plus the added taste of cashew nuts (for those Balikabayans who can still remember Antipolo and the roasted cashews sold there.

Now imagine these in a Goya bar... yeah... Kit Kats are great - but these are no pushovers as well. What I'm showing are the white and dark chocolate variants... there is a milk chocolate variant too - but I ate it before this picture could be taken.

As for the technical details... I wished I had a flash diffuser... the right portions of the bar have too harsh a lighting - so it was hard to come up with a balanced picture showing crisp details and yet have everything almost visible. Either that or take the shot with a tripod next time, sans flash. Lovern - a colleague in training, actually introduced me to this... as it was her gift to us all during Christmas.

By the way... those chocolates under the two bars? They're not real... they're coasters designed like chocolates - a gift from a colleague (Gina Medina) for Christmas. Neat looking huh?

No comments: