This is a Team Lead School - a two day training for new TLs, to get them started on knowing what is espected of them.
the course is a hodge-podge of many ideas taken form other courses... with the main intent of giving the TLs an idea of what they are expected to do... process to follow and experiences to be shared.
That said, this particular training was different because I mostly sat at the back and acted as an added resource to the training while my partner in this conduct - Lina, went through all modules (a first for her) to see what she could do, and whether she could finally conduct things like TL school without getting away with only the easy modules and letting her partner handle the bulk of the training. This time, the show was in the other foot.
I made it appear that I was there to help - but not handle modules... to interject, but not facilitate. We needed to see if she could really study and conduct the course, and for the most part, she could wing it by redirecting questions from the audience - back to the audience. At the end of day 1, I gave her my observations... for her consideration - and hopefully, a better day2.


No comments:
Post a Comment