Sunday, January 23, 2011

Photoblog - Day 285 Jan 19, 2011

Expectations...

At the start of most our trainings, we collect expectations from our participants - to both gauge their interest in the training and to see if what they expect are par with the course.

In this instance, the use of Post-it notes to record their expectations, then the ability to arrange these expectations on the wall (as handily done with post-its) allows us to do just that for my first few minutes when conducting this testing-related course. Nice thing about this technique is it can be adapted to any training - whether, technical or non-technical... solutions-related or B.P.O. (that is, when the latter's 'training champions' / subject-matter experts / coordinators know what they're doing).

I've been doing this technique for several years now... so much so that it becomes a tool I subconsciously prescribe to... and it's never let me down. So there... I've shared one training tool/technique (vaguely, of course) so if you ever find it useful and wish to know more - well... you basically know where to ask me.

No comments: