One of the great things about our Christmas season here in the Philippines is that it sort of starts early (December 16th is the official celebratory prep time via Simbang Gabi) and goes on until Three Kings (the first Sunday of the new year). That said, the Christmas decors are set up earlier than usual (compared to the rest of the world) and are not torn down right after New Year's celebration.
This allows us to better appreciate the decors which we may have missed due to all the Christmas shopping rush - which in turn creates the pre-Christmas traffic jams.
After Christmas, though. things look very differently - and it is not a disturbing effort to get from point A to point B in the Metro. That said, take this simple yet poignant display... so simple with all it's white lights - yet elegantly done. I refer to the display of the Podium.
Why was I at the Podium? I was going to get some barongs (office attire dress shirts with a local feel) since some of my older barongs are ready to retire. But since parking in Mega Mall is a nightmare... even in non-Christmas rush days, the Podium offered a saner place to park - and eat. Plus I had to meet my dad, so he could give me something to bring to Cuenca - where I would be going tomorrow.
As for the picture... we definitely don't have White Christmases here - but at least we can simulate it some way... and still keep form freezing. That counts for something, right?


No comments:
Post a Comment