Orange Corydoras:Or at least, that is how the person selling it in the pet shop described it... the Corydoras in general are - for lack of a more accurate term, the maintenance crew of any aquarium. The reputation happened because these fishes are bottom feeders - meaning, they scrounge the aquarium's sands (or bottom) for their meals. Naturally, this helps keep the aquarium clean from food not digested by the other fishes either lingering at the top of the tank - or at their middle.
I saw this little guy just 'grazing' on the stone, and decided to grab my camera and take it's picture. It was not a shy fish either - not scampering away at the slightest hint of approach on my part; which made taking it's picture quite easy, thus leading to a nice macro shot if I say so myself (and Barbie agrees - she had to clarify with me if I was the one who really took the shot).


No comments:
Post a Comment