Mommy's Birthday!Mommy (my mother-in-law) celebrated her 70th birthday today, and to celebrate it, her children decided to have dinner at Yakimix - a Japanese/Korean restaurant found in the Mall of Asia - no surprise there. What was surprising was the fact that two of her children - Bernadette and Brian, together with Lynn (Brian's wife) planed in for a surprise appearance. I was not around when it happened, but from what I could hear, mommy was stunned to see them here.
We ate at the buffet - and I took the opportunity to go Japanese with all their Sushi and Sashimi options (man was I full that evening), and did not have space for the cooked meals - well, with exception of the tempura, which I took around six pieces of.
Did I discover anything about myself that night? Yup... namely, I'm not the same person I was with the eat-all-you-can thing. I've drastically lessened my appetite. Whether it's a psychological thing or not. who knows? Maybe I was just tired? Maybe I was 'off form' that night. Whatever the case, I felt that I did not do justice to the buffet's cost - or that I did not optimize the opportunity for said meal. Oh well... guess it comes with age too.
Needless to say, the lady of the hour definitely enjoyed the night.


No comments:
Post a Comment