Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Photoblog - Day 180, Oct 6, 2010

Blue birds:

These are the bird-like displays hanging from the ceiling of the Rockwell Mall, and normally they'd be almost mundane - but see how lively they turn out with the help of some lighting? Even I was amazed, and had to take a picture of this. What was seemingly so 'generic' a design came alive with the spotlight and special patters being displayed that night... and to think, this was not even a light show.

Nope... what was actually happening as I was taking this picture was a rehearsal/practice prior to a mini-Broadway show at the basement of the mall. Had I time to hang around, I may have even gotten some pictures. Unfortunately, our (meaning Barbie and me) going here was just by chance - having passed the grocery for a few items... then it's back to the road - homeward bound.

But at least, for this one brief moment, I saw a different Rockwell Mall... and further realized that with proper lighting, anything mundane can look very different - and yes... lively.

But yeah... I should find more time for enjoying these serendipitous events.

No comments: