PM Estimating is a three-day course focused almost purely on the different estimating tools being used by Accenture, and I so happen to be half of a tandem that launched this course for this this September.
It was definitely a challenge with the limitations we've been given... like ably teaching the tool with hardly a decent preparation time, no access to the tools unless it's in the office premises - and even then, there was no dedicated machine for us to use for that sole purpose. Nope... even this thick binder, the one in the picture, was just present in the training day itself. So many reasons to fail, if you think of it... yet Fiel and I were able to conduct this dry run.
Along the way, Fiel even had to leave me to do day three solo, so he could fly to Cebu for other Accenture trainings - Oyyyyyy!
Needless to say, this was both challenging and taxing to me. I had late nights sleep as I studied the materials (mainly the lecture notes and some video faculty guides - given me the day before the training), and during the day, I had to sift through unexpected - yet viable queries.
To say I had a major-sized headache would be obvious. But we survived... hell, I survived. Just another day for a high achiever? Maybe... but this should not have happened the way it did. Lucky for them, Fiel and I were available.


No comments:
Post a Comment