Moth part deux:Some days there are just certain situations that really call for themselves being captured by a camera - call it a photographer's serendipity moment (well... that is, if taking pictures were like shopping). There have, of course been several times I had seen an opportunity pass me by because I did not have a camera with me at that time. .. and even when I do bring a camera with me at most times, I sometimes still miss them due to the fleetingness of the situation - not this time though.
I saw this moth resting against the glass window while I was having coffee - waiting for Barbie. As it happened, the moth was outside the mall on an evening - not being disturbed by people passing by, nor apparently by me as I sat at the chair right beside the glass - overlooking the mall's outside waiting area.
I even took my time to focus for this shot, taking two or three shots before I was satisfied with what I got. I know I had already taken a moth up close once - and that picture is also i this photoblog - so this isn't the first time I captured a moth at rest... but this picture's angle was unique, so I had to just take it - and post the pic for all to see.
Defocussing the glass made it appear that the moth was suspended in air... and the macro shot background helped ensure that focus was to the moth and nothing else.


No comments:
Post a Comment