Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Photoblog - Day 183, Oct 9, 2010

Sunset in Cavite:

This picture was taken while I was driving in Daang Hari, on our way to Cavite. There was one time I noticed how the fields in Daang Hari offered an unobstructed view of a sunset, and this time I decided to be ready to possibly capture one... after all, we were on our way through this road at the right time and with the right conditions (not too cloudy to obstruct such a sunset). Slight problem though... I was driving, so I couldn't just stop and take the picture... much less take the shot while driving.

Solution? I asked Barbie to take the picture, while I drove at cruising speed to give her time to take the shot (actually, she got to take several), so though this was not a picture I took, I sure set it up and somehow acted like a director - giving her some quick tips to do take the shot.

Then what was left was for me to take out the non-essentials like cropping the cars in the foreground - thus giving the picture a more general field view as opposed to a highway view. Not that I would not have liked a highway view... but in this case it would have been a distraction to the picture. I mean, the tree's silhouette is a counterpoint as it is, I did not need more clutter.

So until I can capture a more beautiful sunset... say from a beach, this will have to do.

No comments: