Shadows and Light:This one is an experiment. I tried to take the barest of silhouettes from three statues - with just a candle's illumination as the only source of light... I also made this light come from a scent diffuser, so as to make it look like it was coming from a furnace (with controlled light direction) as against a bonfire ( which would cast light in all directions) which explains the seeming circular shadow at the picture's bottom - signifying the imaginary forge's shape.
I upped the contrast, to lessen the light's reflection and deepen the shadows, hoping to give this picture some darkness to signify some mystery as to the reason why these beings would meet at the night in front of said forge. The redness is caused by the statues colors - but I hoped it somehow reflected the unworldliness of the setting - but not too much as it to look like Hades.
Did I get the desired effects? I hope so... but come sometime soon, I'll see how to improve on this even further.


No comments:
Post a Comment