My Library:I've accumulated my collection of all these books for years - some spanning even decades, and in the past they hardly warranted notice. But as early as the last two years, I started collecting books again at a quicker pace, and it eventually became apparent that I would need book selves to contain my collection.
This also brings me to one of my dreams... to have a house with it's own library, and though the dream is still that - at least, the library part was somehow fulfilled - you might even say, at the right time too, since these books were really stacking up on our headboard... and I don't know about the others, but should one of these hardbound books fall... oh, say 3 to 4 feet down your face, I'm sure it would at the very least leave one with a red face. So yeah... this bookshelf idea was long overdue.
I guess the reason it did not happen earlier was because we did not really have the extra funds, plus the discovery of a reasonably priced bookshelf - since both happened this last month, I was able to get two bookshelves (and realize that I apparently need a third already - imagine that).
I must say, it does look good... since these book cases are at our living area, it gives the place a 'learned' look, and now I get to see all my books - even the ones I've yet to read, neatly stacked together. Organizing them - and I plan to do so by subject matter... now that is a task for another day (or long weekend). For now, I'm simply glad I have these bookshelves. Besides, this particular bookshelf is where the X-mass tree will be in a few weeks time (I plan to start the tree project by end of October).


No comments:
Post a Comment